What’s the best thing to do when you have a car, but you have no garage? You should be looking for the best carport kits available in the market and consider investing in one. Carport kits provide a portable garage that can even double up like a tent where you can gather with family and friends while enjoying the outdoors.
Moreover, it comes handy if you want your car protected from physical harm or hooliganism. However, not all carports are made the same. Do not make the mistake of buying one only because of its aesthetics or its low price. You need to carry out an intelligent evaluation of the possibilities, such as the materials used and their functionality. This review will present some of the best carport kits on the market that you can choose from.
- Features to Consider in Good Carport Kits
- Top 30 Best Carport Kits 2021
- 1. ShelterLogic Shed-In-A-Box Outdoor Storage Shed
- 2. Caravan Best Carport Kits
- 3. American Phoenix Portable Commercial Shelter
- 4. Palram Arcadia Carport Patio Cover
- 5. Gazebo Penguin ACAY All-Season Carport Kits
- 6. King Canopy HC1020PC
- 7. Regular Style All Steel Carport Cover
- 8. Abba Patio Heavy Duty Carport Car Canopy
- 9. Palram Vitoria Carport & Patio Cover
- 10. 6-Legged Carport by King Canopy
- 11. ShelterLogic SuperMax Heavy Duty Steel Frame
- 12. Abba Patio Outdoor Carport
- 13. King Canopy Universal Canopy
- 14. Quictent Heavy Duty PE Carport Canopy or Carport Kits
- 15. Caravan Canopy Side Wall Domain Carport Kit
- 16. Quictent Heavy Duty Carport Car
- 17. Aleko CP1020NS Outdoor Event Carport
- 18. King Canopy Hercules Universal Carport Shelter
- 19. Duro Span Steel Carport Shed
- 20. Arrow Sheds CP1020 Free Standing Carport
- 21. Quictent Carport Heavy Duty Car Canopy
- 22. Arrow 29- Gauge Carport
- 23. Peaktop Portable Carport Car Shelter
- 24. Sidewall Kit for Mega Domain Caravan Canopy
- 25. Duramax Imperial Metal Garage
- 26. Abba Patio Heavy Duty Portable Carport
- 27. Bestmart Heavy Duty Beige Portable Carport
- 28. Delta Canopies Portable Carport
- 29. Impact Canopy Portable Carport Garage
- 30. Quictent Heavy Duty Portable Carport Canopy
- Guide to Buying the Best Carport Kits
- The Verdict
Features to Consider in Good Carport Kits
What is a Portable Garage (Carport)?
A carport (portable garage) is a perfect alternative for a fixed garage, which protects your valuable vehicle from the natural elements. Apart from this, a portable garage can double up as a shed which you can put up in a jiffy if you’re hosting an outdoor activity with your peers or family.
The structure of most portable garages usually consists of a durable metal frame with a fabric cover. They’re usually available for vehicles of multiple sizes and styles. Carports are simple to set up and can be done with very few people since they don’t require drilling, digging, or anything too complicated.
Why Buy a Carport?
When looking at all the options available for portable garages, you may be tempted to ask yourself if it’s worth spending the money and time to set one up. After all, cars are meant to be outside and from their construction, they are meant to withstand the vagaries of nature. So a shower or two isn’t going to ruin your car.
However, over time the sun will start stripping away some of the vibrant colors of your car’s paint. Not to mention the destructive effects of extreme weather like hail and snow, that can damage your car in very little time. Besides, bird droppings are highly acidic and will eat away at the paint of your car over time. If you don’t want your car to be all blotchy by the end of the summer, you need to find a way to protect it.
As mentioned before, carports are versatile and can be used to provide shelter for any outdoor event. Any time groups of people are outside, you need to think about some kind of shelter. With carports, you don’t need to build a gazebo. All you need to do is move the carport into the yard and use it.
Thanks to the portability of a portable carport, you can take it with you, too. The sun at the beach can quickly turn a pleasant outing into a hot, sweaty mess. However, if you have a portable garage, you can use it as a canopy to keep away the heat. If it starts to rain, you’re covered too. With the unpredictability of nature, a portable carport can help make you ready for anything.
What’s more, a portable carport can provide you with additional storage. Nobody wants to have that yard that’s always cluttered with gardening equipment and kid’s toys. If you’re short on space, a portable garage can quickly provide a place to keep your stuff without having your house look like you’re holding a permanent yard sale. If your hobbies require space to work in, such as gardening, car restoration or any number of other things, a portable garage can provide the ideal space for you to work on your passions while staying protected from the elements.
Quick Tips in Using Carport Kits
To make the most out of your carport kit and to make sure that it will offer the protection that your car needs, below are some of the most important things you will have to take into consideration:
- Make sure to choose the right position of the carport. You should not place it in the street or in an area that’s already beyond your private property. In some places, you will need to secure a permit before you can proceed with the installation of a carport.
- To ensure your carport lasts long, keep it clean. Even if they’re made from the best materials available, your carport will still need proper care and maintenance to extend their functional life. More often than not, soap and water will be enough to keep it clean.
- You also need to pay attention to the anchoring system. They may already be included, but in some instances, you have to purchase them separately. This will be necessary to keep the carport stable amidst strong wind.
- Pay attention to condensation as well. One of the possible causes of the latter is poor ventilation. With this, see to it that there is enough opening to let air come in. The material used for the carport can also lead to condensation.
- Don’t attempt to set it up on your own, particularly if it’s a large one. Don’t hesitate to ask for a helping hand so that you can prevent injuries and be sure that the carport is set up the right way.
Top 30 Best Carport Kits 2021
The Shed-in-a-box outdoor storage shed may not be one of the easiest in terms of assembly, but once you get the hang of it, you can easily put the pieces together. It features ShelterLock 3x steel stabilizer, which is an innovative technology that makes it stand out against its competition. The cover has undergone heat sealing, unlike many other carports that are only stitched. This provides an assurance that water will be kept out. The cover is also made from a material that is thick enough to be tough, yet it allows light to pass through to provide illumination.
- It features side walls to keep your car away from prying eyes.
- It comes with a sturdy and durable side frame.
- This storage shed has excellent wind resistance.
- It has a sturdy anchor system to keep the carport stable.
- It has a bright interior.
- Assembling this carport can take quite some time.
- The instructions given for assembling are quite vague.
The Caravan Best Carport Kits comes with a white top made from a strong material that delivers heat and water-resistance. More than just being functional as a temporary and movable shelter for your car, it can also double up like a tent to provide shade and protection from the rain during outdoor parties. The steel frame is also known for its durability. With powder coating, this carport kit can resist peeling and corrosion, among other problems. It has a maximum height clearance of 7-feet and a spacious 10- by 20-feet of covered space. There are stakes and rope kit included with the stake having a diameter of 1 and 3/8-inch for stability.
- It has a spacious covered area.
- Putting up the carport can be accomplished in a snap.
- The open sides make it function as a tent.
- It comes with an affordable price.
- The top part is heat-resistant.
- The metal parts are prone to making a screeching sound.
- It may not be able to withstand extreme wind.
The American Phoenix is a portable carport kit that offers an excellent alternative for individuals looking for a garage that can be easily assembled. It can be put up in a few minutes and without the need to deal with complicated instructions. Best of all, there are no tools that are necessary. It’s also a carport that is open on the sides, allowing it to function as well as a tent. The problem with this design, however, is that it’s not good if it rains. Your car will not be protected from the sides. Also, it keeps your vehicle exposed to the public because the sides are open.
- It has lightweight construction, making it possible to be easily used anywhere.
- It has open sidewalls for versatile functionality.
- It’s perfect even for commercial use.
- The set-up can be easily accomplished.
- It’s quite affordable.
- The legs can be easily prone to bending.
- There isn’t enough protection from the rain.
The Palram Arcadia Carport should be worth taking into account if budget is not an issue. It may have a ridiculous price tag, but the main reason for this is the fact that it comes with premium features that you’ll not find in the cheaper alternatives. Its strength is one of its defining features. It’s not one of those carports that will be easily blown by the wind. The roof is also shatterproof, which makes it even stronger even amidst inclement weather conditions. Best of all, you will have peace of mind with this product since the manufacturers are offering a 10-year warranty.
- It's made of high-quality and durable material.
- It's not only a carport but doubles as a covered outdoor space as well.
- It doesn’t require maintenance.
- This carport can resist even strong winds.
- It offers excellent UV protection.
- This is one of the most expensive carports in the market.
- It lacks portability.
The Gazebo Penguin All-Season Carport Kit is a ridiculously expensive product. Nevertheless, this price can be justified by the fact its quality is hard to beat. This carport kit features a UV-treated polycarbonate roof that has been built to withstand the test of time. One thing that makes it even better is the fact that it already comes with a gutter and drains, making it easier to make sure that water will be kept out of the carport. It has base dimensions of 3.55m by 4.51m and a height clearance of 2.66m.
- The roof comes with high-quality design.
- The open side walls allow excellent air circulation.
- There’s generous space with this carport.
- It’s perfect for use throughout the year.
- It has a great height clearance.
- It’s quite costly.
This carport is an easy installation carport that can also serve different purposes and needs besides protecting your car. This carport comes with 8 legs for maximum stability and has been joined by strong and sturdy frames for reinforcing its sturdiness on the ground and most importantly, for durability. It is easily detachable and assembly is less intensive thus making it a great carport as well as a canopy for outdoor events. This carport measures 10-feet by 20-feet, which is quite enough for an average car as well as gardening equipment.
- It’s easy to install.
- It’s versatile and can be used as a tent.
- It has a unique A-frame design for improved stability.
- It features strong and sturdy frames.
- It’s quite spacious for an average car as well as gardening equipment.
- There are no sidewalls.
- The 1-year limited warranty is a bit tight.
The Regular Style All Steel Carport Cover is the ultimate way to shield your car from harsh weather and even dust. Besides, you can use it to hold outdoor events. It’s large enough to accommodate two cars. Built with high-grade materials, this carport is ideal for multiple car owners or those who drive large vehicles. It has been built using American-made steel frames and heavy-duty roof panels. Its design is also open to customization, unlike many similar products. It boasts of a 29-gauge horizontal roof meaning that your car is completely shielded from the scorching sun and rain.
- This carport can be easily customized.
- It can fit up to two cars.
- It has durable steel frames.
- It has an extended 20-year warranty.
- This carport doesn’t have sidewalls.
- The large dimensions take up a lot of space.
If you’re looking for versatility, the Abba Patio Carport Canopy fits the bill. This car shade is very versatile as you can still use it for other shade needs apart from just storing your vehicle. It can come in handy during outdoor events and can also act like a horse shade. It comes with 8 stabilizers and a high-quality polyethylene cover. It’s easy to set it up and can be installed on any surface. The carport sports a spacious design making it ideal for auto storage as well as outdoor events. It measures 10- by 20-feet and can be erected on any surface. This makes it a versatile shade for storage as well as hosting outdoor events.
- It can be placed anywhere.
- It’s highly versatile and can be used for outdoor events.
- It’s easy to set up.
- It has side walls.
- It features rust and corrosion-free steel frames.
- It easily gets overpowered by strong winds.
The Palram Vitoria Carport and Patio cover is one of the most durable carports available on the market. The rigid roof of this carport sets it apart from many other portable garages. This roof offers the best protection from hail and falling branches which can easily damage vehicles. The galvanized aluminum frame that supports the roof resists rust and corrosion, and the steel posts provide a sturdy base that makes this carport one of the most durable and best portable garages out there. The Palram Vitoria is easy to assemble and disassemble but still heavy duty.
- It’s sturdy and well designed.
- It’s easy to assemble and disassemble.
- This carport provides protection against rain, snow, hail, and the sun’s harmful UV rays.
- The rain gutter system drains water away.
- It features industry leading warranty coverage.
- It’s quite expensive.
- There is no side panel protection.
This affordable carport kit features a roof made from polyethylene, designed to repel rain and sun and stand up to long periods of exposure to the elements. The frame that supports the roof is made of steel coated in white powder to enhance durability and provide protection against rust and corrosion. There are no side walls on this carport or fancy rain gutter system. A fabric roof on legs, this carport will keep the rain and the sun off any vehicle you park underneath it, and can also serve as a gazebo for a picnic or outdoor parties. Thanks to its simplicity, this carport is one of the easiest portable garages to set up.
- It’s available at a wallet-friendly price.
- It’s extremely easy to assemble.
- It protects your vehicle against UV rays, sun, and rain.
- It has a center height of almost 9 feet (provides enough space)..
- It doesn’t offer side protection.
- The packaging isn’t that great.
The ShelterLogic SuperMax carport provides shade and protection for backyard events, vehicles, or valuables. This fixed leg canopy is easy to set up making it the perfect seasonal shade solution for the storage of boats, tractors, camping, and picnic areas. It features a heavy-duty 2-inch all-steel frame finished with a DuPont powder coating to prevent chipping, peeling, rust, and corrosion. It has a ripstop, UV treated polyethylene fabric cover that is 100% waterproof and heat welded. There’s a patented twist-tite tensioning square up the frame and tightens down cover. This carport kit is spacious enough to park two full-sized vehicles side-by-side.
- This carport offers the widest clearance.
- It has 8-foot legs which are fairly tall.
- This is an 8-post frame that offers more stability.
- It’s easy to install.
- It’s quite expensive.
- The material used is not as durable.
The Abba Patio Outdoor Carport has been designed with the user’s comfort in mind. It features a high-grade sturdy steel frame with a powder coating that prevents chipping, peeling, rust, and corrosion. It’s also quite easy to set up with little to no tools being required. A wheeled bag is provided for travel making your next outdoor trip cool and comfortable. The roof has been made from a tough triple-layer woven polyethylene top that is also water resistant and heat-sealed. This fabric is also UV resistant. Oddly, the polyethylene is stiffer, but this counter-intuitively makes it less durable.
- It features sidewalls of over 6-feet.
- It has a maximum height of over 9-feet makes it one of the tallest.
- It features an 8-post frame, which offers more stability.
- It’s fully collapsible for easy transport and storage.
- The material used is not quite as durable.
The King Canopy Universal Carport is an affordable carport kit that is great to pack up and take camping, hunting, or hosting a gathering. This versatility means that you do not have to use it for vehicles only but can customize it to other uses as well. The Universal Canopy features a 1-3/8-inch powder coated steel frame and 180 gems patented drawstring cover. You can easily assemble this carport without the assistance of professionals or using any special tools. The center height is 9-feet high which makes it great for parking tall vehicles.
- It has a center height of almost 9-feet which offers enough space for all vehicles.
- It’s quite affordable.
- It’s easy to install without the assistance of professionals.
- It’s a very versatile carport kit.
- It has 6-foot legs which are relatively short.
This giant tent has been made of polyethylene fabric, which is a durable, hard-wearing material that will stand up to the elements. Water rolls right off it and the manufacturers boast of built-in UV protection, meaning the rays of the sun won’t turn your pristine tent from white to yellow over the course of a few sunny months. This tent is supported by steel poles which are powder-coated to ensure reliable rust and corrosion protection. These poles are sturdy enough to take the weight of rain, fallen, leaves, or even snow. This is a Quictent which assures stability, efficiency, dependability, and long life.
- It can be used for different purposes.
- It's easy to set-up and dismantles.
- It provides full coverage to the vehicle.
- It protects the vehicle against harmful UV rays, rain, and snow.
- With 8.5-feet maximum height, it’s taller than most of the carports.
- Quictent offers excellent customer support.
- The side panels increase its susceptibility to intense winds.
- The windows lack zippers, cannot be opened.
This carport canopy, available in white color, is suitable for many types of cars. It’s made from 100% polyester fabric and provides nice shade. The good coverage ensures the entire car’s angles are protected from the sun, wind, rain, snow and other things. It’s very easy to assemble and can be put-up by only two people. Therefore, the sturdy frame provides firm support despite its light weight. Besides, the material used to make this carport is water resistant and fire retardant. It also has 1 front wall with dual zippers and rolls up a door.
- It’s easy to set up.
- It has been made from high-quality material.
- It features quality construction.
- The material used is water resistant and a fire retardant.
- It’s way too short on all sides and is at least 18-inches above the ground.
Other than providing a good shade or cover to your car, this heavy-duty carport canopy is also perfect for mopeds, bobbers, bicycles, motorcycle, equipment and more. It’s 20-feet long, 10-feet wide, and 8,7-feet high. The sturdily built unit can withstand daily usage, the harsh weather, UV rays, strong winds, and rain. Therefore, it comes with heavy-duty polyethylene fabric that has been reinforced with PE material for maximum strength and to stop water, rips, UV, and wind. The thick net poles offer support and stability while the powder coating on the steel frames prevents rust or corrosion. It comes with base plates, pegs, connector joints, and elastic ropes, making the carport more stable and easy to connect.
- This carport has a heavy-duty construction.
- The material used is waterproof and wind resistant.
- The carport is strong and durable.
- The base plates, pegs, and connector joints offer more stability.
- It is easy to connect the frame.
- The trap doesn’t hold up well particularly in the sun.
You shouldn’t protect your car using a substandard or low-grade carport canopy. What you deserve is the Aleko Outdoor Event Carport which measures 10- by 20-feet and comes with a high-quality and robust polyethylene fabric. Therefore, the unit is held together by 1,5-inch steel tubes, 8 steel pegs, and 4 corkscrew pegs. Besides, it features removable walls for extra space and nice zippers for improved access. When not sheltering the car, this canopy can serve as a party tent. The high-quality white powdered steel frame provides extra strength while being resistant to chipping, peeling, and possible corrosion. The PVC roof is water and weatherproof.
- It’s easy to assemble.
- It has good size and is stable.
- It features a simple design and nice quality.
- It’s versatile and can be used as a party tent.
- It doesn’t offer side protection.
Forget about the flimsy made carport kits or canopies that offer little or no benefit. With the King Hercules canopy, not only will your car be well-protected but are guaranteed of long service. The accessory measures 10-feet by 20-feet and offer a decent cover on the sides as well as the top. It comes in a white/off-white color and is made from a tough fabric that resists fire, water, and wind. Support is provided by the white powder-coated steel frames, whereas the attached leg skirts improve stability. The carport shelter also protects your vehicle from UV rays.
- The material used is fire retardant and water resistant.
- It has a simple design and is easy to use.
- It has been well-built and is sturdy.
- It’s a versatile tent and is great for gatherings with the fully enclosed sidewall kit.
- The attached instructions are incorrect and it doesn’t come with anchors.
You shouldn’t allow your car to get damaged by UV rays, rain, water, cold, or strong wind. The Duro Span Steel Carport shed is the right thing for you. It measures 20-feet long by 20-feet wide by 8-feet high. It offers a nice shelter for most vehicles and is also very easy to assemble. It can, therefore, be placed in many locations including the home, shop, farm, commercial building, and other places. Other than car use, it’s suited for boats, caravans, or as a workshop.
- It features heavy-duty construction.
- The material used is resistant to water and wind.
- It’s easy to assemble.
- This carport is ideal for workshops that are virtually maintenance free.
- It’s versatile and can be used as a workshop or storage.
- It’s not portable.
The Arrow Sheds Free Standing Carport has been made to offer years of service due to the high-quality steel material it is made of. The steel has a tough coat that ensures it doesn’t become victim to rot or the heavy UV rays. Again, this carport is designed with dimensions of 10- by 20-feet. This way, you can use it even with bigger cars. The pre-drilled and pre-cut design makes it ideal for DIY projects. The large size makes it convenient while you also get a 12-year limited warranty with each purchase.
- It has been built from high-quality material.
- It is durable due to the tough coating that prevents rusting.
- The material used is resistant to wear and corrosion.
- It is spacious enough for bigger cars.
- It’s versatile and can be used for outdoor events.
- It comes with a 12-year limited warranty with each purchase.
- Some reviewers have complained that the screws don’t hold well.
The Quictent Carport Canopy features a heavy-duty powder-coated steel framework that’s resistant to rust and corrosion. The reinforced polyethylene roof and side walls are also resistant to water, rot, and UV rays ensuring that the carport will last. This canopy comes with a wooden bracket inside its packaging to protect the steel poles from shipping damages.
- It’s long enough to cover large pickups.
- The material used is durable.
- The front and back doors can be rolled up for ventilation.
- It comes inside a reinforced packaging to protect the steel poles from shipping damages.
- The steel frame is resistant to rust and corrosion.
- The directions are somewhat confusing.
- It cannot withstand heavy winds.
The Arrow 29- Gauge Carport has a slip-fit frame for easy assembly and rounded leaves to provide additional protection from the elements. This is a multi-use shelter that not only protects vehicles, boats, and tractors but also acts as a great picnic shelter. It has been made from an industrial grade steel frame and 29-gauge painted galvanized steel roof that resists corrosion for years of quality use. The roof features horizontal panels and rounded eaves for additional protection against outdoor weather elements all year long.
- It’s sturdy even on gravel.
- It comes with all necessary hardware included.
- It’s easy to assemble.
- It’s quite expensive.
The Peaktop Portable Carport Car Shelter features a heavy-duty steel framework with durable connectors and metal base. It has a 38mm/0.8mm thick white powder coated steel for the frames whereas the canopy has been made of 160g polyethylene waterproof fabric. This fabric is washable and easy to clean. The two side walls can be completely removed, as well, if you are expecting nice weather. It features a high-strength steel joint fitting that is fast to set up. There are double zipper doors on both ends to allow access from either end, drive through capability, and good ventilation.
- The roof and walls are waterproof.
- It’s easy to set up.
- It has double zipper doors to allow drive-through capability and good ventilation.
- It’s versatile and can be used as a great party tent.
- It can collapse under heavy snow.
This kit is the perfect complement to the Caravan Mega Domain, providing additional shade, privacy, and shelter from the elements. The 220g polyethylene material used to make the sidewalls and roof is durable and water resistant. This kit comes with four walls, including one wall with a middle zipper for ease of entrance or exit.
- It features side walls for additional shade, privacy, and shelter.
- It has a wall with a middle zipper for easy of entrance or exit.
- The material used to make the sidewalls and roof material is durable and resistant to water.
- It’s easy to assemble.
- This kit only comes with the sidewalls and is only compatible with the Caravan Mega Domain.
The Duramax Imperial Metal garage is versatile meaning you can also set it up as a workshop if you’re into tinkering with motors or rebuilding your classic motorcycle. It’s designed with heavy-duty support columns and solid galvanized steel construction that is resistant to corrosion and rust. This shed features a 99-inch wide roll-up front door that makes accessing contents inside easier and to help drive or back in vehicles or farm equipment easier. The roof trusses are made of a heavy-duty galvanized steel structure with the ridge groove reinforced walls providing more structural stability and dent resistance.
- It has been made of heavy-duty steel for durability.
- It has ridge reinforced roof trusses for more structural stability and dent resistance.
- It’s versatile and can double up as a workshop and storage unit.
- It’s not portable
Your car will be protected at all times, come rain, wind, or snow with Abba Patio’s portable carport. It has a polyethylene top cover which is water and UV-resistant. It’s pretty practical too as the front door zipper can be removed completely. Moreover, it has a white powder-coated steel frame that measures 1,5-inches in diameter. This makes for rigid support that’s resistant to corrosion and rust. Besides, there’s no chance of it chipping or peeling. Also included are foot pads for more stability and a heavy-duty bungee cord that secures the tarp over the frame.
- It features foot pads that offer additional stability and easy access to secure anchor points.
- It has heavy-duty bungees that tightly secure the tarp cover to the frame.
- It’s easy to set up.
- The steel frame is resistant to corrosion and rust.
- It has a rigid frame.
- It’s not resistant to very strong winds.
This portable carport measures 10-feet in length, 15-feet in width, and 8-feet in height. All in all, you can get the biggest of automobiles roofed easily with this canopy. Polyethylene and PU coating resists any chances of corrosion, UV damage, or seepage of water. It can be easily set up with frames that have a powdered-coating that fights chipping, corrosion, and peeling. The high-grade steel frame provides strength and stability to this portable carport. The polyethylene material provides drum-tight coverage that has anti-yellowing, anti-aging, and will never fade. It’s perfect for automobiles, smaller trucks, lawn, and gardening equipment.
- The material used to make the canopy ensures durability.
- It features side walls that protect your vehicles from the sun.
- It has a sturdy frame.
- The frame is easy to set-up.
- The frame provides strength and stability to this carport.
- The carport is portable and you can carry it with you while traveling.
- The directions for assembling this carport are not that clear.
Cars are just a tip of the iceberg if you have to consider what can fit into this canopy. You can have a boat slipped under this carport. The cover on this carport is reinforced with a weave and a covering of a chemically heat bonded polyethylene. In other words, heat, dust, water, and UV radiation have no chance of entering. The oval-shaped galvanized steel frame is also rust and corrosion-proof. It has 12 legs that pin down the canopy with double-zippered entrances on the rear and front.
- This carport has been made of a sturdy steel frame.
- The high-quality steel frame is resistant to rust and corrosion.
- It features a double-zippered front panel and rear panel.
- It has a waterproof top.
- It’s spacious enough to accommodate even boats.
- It’s quite easy to assemble.
- It’s not that great at withstanding strong winds.
Impact Canopy has come up with a beauty that is practical besides looking good. For instance, its 10×27 feet frame doesn’t require any tools to be set up. Whether you are organizing a party, covering your truck, or housing your boat; this portable carport handles everything easily whilst protecting against the wind, sun, and rain. The tubings are coated in powdered-steel for durability whereas you get an astounding 270 square feet of shade from its canopy that’s protected in a film of PE.
- It’s versatile and can be used for outdoor events.
- It’s made of a sturdy frame.
- The tubings used are durable and resistant to corrosion.
- The canopy has been made from heavy-duty fabric.
- The fabric used is resistant to water and UV rays.
- It’s easy to set up and does not require any tools.
- The metal posts of this carport come dented in many places and are not very strong.
The Quictent Heavy Duty Portable Carport Canopy can be used as a temporary garage for extra storage. You can store your vehicle alongside garden tools and furniture when not using them. It features a round or arch style, which provides extra space along the sides of the enclosure, with maximum height near the center ridge. The main covers and the doors are made from long life UV resistant poly that’s washable and easy to clean. This carport has a heavy duty 38 mm powder coated frame for high strength and rust resistance. The unit features double zipper door on both ends to allow for access from either end meaning you can also drive through.
- It has a maximum height of 8.4-feet.
- It features full-length side walls.
- It has double zipper doors for good ventilation and drives through capability.
- The polyurethane cover is treated to be both waterproof and UV resistant.
- This carport can trap condensation and potentially rot if not properly vented and cared for.
- It will take longer and require more time to set up.
Guide to Buying the Best Carport Kits
The above 30 carport kits featured in this review are some of the best portable garages that will give you value for your money. However, they also come with different features and prices. For most car owners, shopping for the best carport kit can be quite confusing, especially for first-time buyers. Here are some of the key features you should take into consideration when buying your carport kit.
This is one of the most important aspects of a carport. Ultimately, the higher the quality of the materials, the less likely you are to need replacing anything. This is especially relevant if your carport has walls. When you purchase a carport with walls, you get a bit of a discount on the different components. However, when you try to purchase different parts of a carport after the fact, most sellers will jack up the prices.
There are generally two different types of materials used for carports: metal and poly materials. Each of them has their advantages and disadvantages, so it’s imperative that you understand what you need before purchasing or you could end up with a carport that either does not cater to your requirements or costs far more than it should.
The size of the carport you want to buy is going to be dictated by the use you intend to put it to. If you’re looking to store smaller items like lawnmowers and motorbikes, a small portable garage will be fine and will take up far less space in your yard. But if you drive a big truck or are looking to store something even bigger, like a boat or an RV, then you will need a carport that measures up.
It’s not just the length and width that matter, either. You also need to think about the height. You would want to comfortably stand up as you get in and out of your car, so you should look for a carport at least 6 feet in height. Remember that the roof will be sloped, so the height in the center isn’t the same as the height on the sides. So, when looking for a carport always look for the height of the steel posts. Never get confused by the tallest point of the roof as it’s just an inaccurate representation of its functional height.
Protection and Support
Regardless of the carport, you decide to buy, you should know whether it can fulfill its primary purpose of protecting your car or not. Caring for your car 360-degree increase its life. The bare minimum requirements are a steel support frame for the roof, and the steel should be powder coated to resist corrosion. The heavier gauge the steel is, the better.
The roof of the carport should be resistant to both water and sun, and ideally more extreme weather such as hail and snow too. You should also think about wind resistance. Portable garages with side panels provide the most protection, but they’re also the most vulnerable to strong wind.
Design and Shape
Most portable garages come with a sloped or slanted roof. After the first rain, you’ll see why. You should opt for a carport that’s designed to shed water and snow to prevent the weight from bringing the structure crashing down. As pooling water on the roof of the carport spells trouble down the line.
If all you want to do with your carport is keep the dust, sun, rain or snow off your car, that’s fine. But portable garages offer more than simple protection for vehicles. If you do a lot of entertaining, or your camp, or you go to the beach a lot, consider that a portable carport can also be used as a shelter for people at all manner of outdoor events. If you intend to use your carport in this way, you should think about its aesthetics, as well as its weight and the level of work required to take down and set up the carport repeatedly.
Durability vs Price
The most durable material is metal. Aside from the supports, metal carports are constructed from corrugated sheets of steel. These sheets are either layered upon one another like shingles or bolted to the steel posts, depending on whether you’re referring to the roof or the sides.
The corrugated metal sheets are much stronger than polyurethane covers, able to withstand the pummeling of hail and other objects. However, metal carports are also more expensive than the polyurethane covers, especially if you need to replace a sheet. Moreover, it’s far easier to install a polyurethane carport by yourself with the aid of a friend than in a metal carport.
Add-ons You Should Consider
A portable carport is at the heart of a simple idea. However, it doesn’t have to be. You can add features like lights, and even CCTV cameras to keep your car safe. Also, if you live in a sunny part of the world, the roof of a carport can provide a great place to put solar panels and generate electricity.
When you have possession as expensive as a car, it makes sense that you want to protect it from rust, scratches and provide overall care. Protecting your car from adverse weather conditions can save you a lot of money over the life of your vehicle. The review above has provided the top 30 best carport kits in the market right now. The carports reviewed will serve as your basis for what an ideal carport kit is.
Carport kits come in all kinds of shapes and sizes and can be used for a wide range of things other than protecting cars. Buying a portable garage can also mean you now have a shed, a tent, a gazebo, and an outdoor dining room, all in one item. Depending on your lifestyle, the best carport kit could end up being one of your best purchases you have ever made for your home and garden. Just remember to keep your own needs in mind when buying.